Welcome to Palisade!
Here is an interactive google map of the parks in our town.
To find us take exit 42 off of Interstate 70, turn left on W 1st Street, right on Main Street and within two blocks you will be in the heart of Palisade.
Veterans' Memorial Park
Veteran’s Memorial Park is perfect for a shaded picnic. Great for kids, this park has a play area and skate park. The Wayne N. Aspinall Memorial is located here, dedicated to the man who served in the US House of Representatives, and was a staunch supporter of water reclamation projects. The historic community center is host to town meetings, events, and activities. The center has multiple kitchens and activity rooms that can be rented for weddings, anniversaries, and other events.
Peach Bowl Park
Located in the Heart of Palisade, there is something for everyone here! The entryway off of W 5th Street and Logan Ave welcomes visitors with shaded benches, a "Clean-up After Your Pet" station, and two water fountains: one human-sized and one canine-sized. This park hosts a tennis court with a practice wall, four pickleball courts, a soccer field, baseball diamond, two playgrounds, a pool, a grass volleyball court, and a sand pit for horseshoes or bocce ball. So if you're looking to take a stroll, have a team practice, take a dip in the pool, or learn a new sport then this is the park for you.
Located along a scenic bend in the Colorado River, it is easy to see where this beautiful park gets its name. With ample open space there's something for everyone. The recently updated playground includes a jungle gym, swing set, and zip-line. The gazebos are perfect for a family outing, or just a nice place to have lunch. The paved path is 1.75 miles in total, and has fantastic views of the river. Yes, even your canine companions are welcome as long as they are well-behaved or leashed. Please remember to clean up after your pet!
- Park Rules
- Park is open from dawn to dusk
- No motorized vehicles allowed except golf carts
- No alcohol allowed in the park
- Please dispose of trash in proper receptacles
- No glass containers allowed in park
- Please pick up after pets and keep pets under control at all times
- No firewood gathering and no fires except in grates
- Please do not disturb wildlife
- No swimming in ponds
- The discharge of firearms including paintball guns is not allowed
Please lock your vehicle. Do not leave valuables unattended in your vehicle.
- Rules for Dog Owners
Pick up after your dogs - bags and disposal bins are available on site. Failure to do so is irresponsible and against the law! Violators are subject to fines.
- Pick up after their dog.
- Carry a leash for each dog at all times.
- Have dogs under voice control and in sight at all times.
- Control dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior - either by leashing or by removing the offending dog from the park.
- Assure that all dogs are licensed and vaccinated. Current tags must be worn at all times.
- Cover holes or turf damage caused by their dog.
- DO NOT allow your dog to chase wildlife.
- Rules of Conduct for Open Water Activities
River running on the Colorado River is an inherently hazardous and dangerous activity. Please be advised that boating on the river is at your own risk. High water, cold temperatures, debris and obstacles, dams, weirs, ledges, reversals, holes, and hydraulics can all present life-threatening situations. Please conduct yourself in a safe and considerate manner at all times.
In the water:
- Be a competent swimmer.
- Wear a lifejacket/Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times.
- Wear a solid, correctly-fitted helmet.
- Do not boat out of control.
- Recognize and avoid hazards.
- Do not boat alone.
- Understand your abilities and their limitations.
- Be practiced in self-rescue.
- Be trained in rescue skills, CPR & First-Aid.
- Wear appropriate cold weather clothing.
- Carry the equipment needed for unexpected emergencies.
- Carry spare equipment such as paddles or oars and PFDs.
- Please be aware that private property exists on both sides of the river. Please respect the rights of the property owners and do not trespass.
- Individual boaters are ultimately responsible for their own safety and assume sole responsibility for their well being.
- Rules of Conduct for "Harky's Launch" Boat Ramp
On the boat ramp:
- The boat ramp is to be used for unloading and loading purposes only. It is not a parking space.
- Please be considerate of others. Limit your time in the ramp to no more than 15 minutes.
- Please enter and exit the ramp slowly and carefully with your vehicle.
- Park in designated areas only.
- Pick up and dispose of trash in designated receptacles.
- Tie offs for boats entering and exiting the river have been placed up- and down-stream of the ramp. Please use them to keep your group organized and safe.
- Riverbend Park is used for a variety of activities. Please watch out for pedestrians when operating your vehicle.
- The rocks and gravel in the boat ramp are there for a purpose. Please do not displace or throw rocks at any time.
"Clean-up After Your Pet" stations
Disc Golf Course
Paved Walking/Bicycling Trail
- Disc Golf Course
Riverbend Disc Golf Course is located just over the bridge to the right of the parking lot as you enter the park.
Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) Compliant for A-sanctioned tournaments